JOURNAL ARTICLES & BOOK CHAPTERS
- Hayduk, R., Tomashiro Folla, D, and Hackett, K. (2021). “Forging Immigrant Political Engagement: Participatory Budgeting in Queens”. In Immigrant Crossroads: Globalization, Incorporation, and Place-Making in Queens, NY, edited by Tarry Hum, Ronald Hayduk, Francois Pierre-Louis and Michael Krasner. Temple University Press.
- Hackett, K., Saegert, S., Dozier, D., and Marinova, M. (2018). Community land trusts: releasing possible selves through stable affordable housing. Housing Studies.
- Hackett, K. (Nov 13, 2018). A Community-Centered Perspective on Displacement. Shelterforce.
- Saegert, S., Hackett, K., Maor, E and Pryiomka, K. (In Press). Interrupting inequality through community land trusts: Collective goods and forms of capital accumulation. Submitted to Housing, Theory and Society.
- Hayduk, R., Hackett, K., and Tomashira Folla, D. (2017). Immigrant Engagement in Participatory Budgeting in New York City, New Political Science, 39, 1, 76-94.
- Daniels, J, and Gold, M. with Anderson, S. M., Boy, J., Cahill, C., Gieseking, J. J., Gregory, K, Hackett, K., Knoblauch, F. L., Luttrell ,W., Matles, A., Mayorga, E., Negron W., Sherwood, E., Smith, S., Thistlewaite, P., Tucker, Z., (2014). The Inq13 POOC: A participatory experiment in open, collaborative teaching and learning. Journal for Interactive Technology and Pedagogy.
- Fredricks, J. A., Hackett, K., & Bregman, A. (2010). Participation in Boys and Girls Clubs: motivation and stage environment fit. Journal of Community Psychology, 38, 369-385.
- Hackett, Kristen, “Global Advertising and its Implications on the Concept of Spatial Identity: A Case Study of Urban Billboard Advertising in Tunis” (2008). ISP Collection. Paper 606.
- Hackett, K. (Sept 1, 2020). The City’s Three NYCHA Plans that will Privatize Public Housing. EastNewYork.com
- Hackett, K. (August 18, 2020). City’s Finance-Driven Approach to Managing NYCHA is Wrong for Tenants. City Limits.
- Kemp, Y. and Hackett, K. (May 9, 2020). A Public Letter to Public Official on NYCHA. City Limits.
- Hackett, K. (April 13, 2020). Envisioning a state of Care in a Time of COVID-19. Medium.
- Hackett, K. and Dubnau, J. (March 11, 2020). Sunnyside Yards Master Plan Sits on a Deck of Myths. City Limits.
- Hackett, K. (Dec 16, 2019). Stop Sunnyside Yards! Reparative City Building Now! City Limits.
- Hackett, K. (Oct 10, 2019). NYCHA’s NextGen Threatens More Harm than Hope. City Limits.
- Hackett, K. (November 2019). Understanding Change in Context: LIC has been at the heart of City-led development efforts for the last 20 years.
- Hackett, K. (November 2019). Recalibrating Queens, 1st Installment: Examine housing and population changes in Western Queens from 2000 – 2017.
- Hackett, K. (Oct 30, 2019). What to Consider When Planning a Digital Project. Tagging the Tower, GC Digital Initiatives.
- Hackett, K. (Feb 18 and March 27, 2019). Community Wireless Networks Address Missed Connections: Part 1 and Part 2. Tagging the Tower, GC Digital Initiatives.
- Hackett, K. (Nov 1, 2017). Teaching and Learning with Annotation. Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab. The OpenLab at City Tech.
- Hackett, K. (Oct 2, 2017). Copyright, Attribution in Open Digital Pedagogy. Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab. The OpenLab at City Tech.
- Hackett, K. (March 24, 2017). Multimedia Pedagogy Across the Disciplines. Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab. The OpenLab at City Tech.
- Hackett, K. (Feb 24, 2017). Annotating Texts in Open Digital Pedagogy. Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab. The OpenLab at City Tech.
- Hackett, K. (Nov 9 2016). Writing and Open Digital Pedagogy. Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab. The OpenLab at City Tech.
- Hackett, K. (Sept 29, 2016). Open Educational Resources at City Tech. Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab. The OpenLab at City Tech.
PUBLIC EDUCATION MATERIALS