Skip to content
JOURNAL ARTICLES & BOOK CHAPTERS
- Hayduk, R., Tomashiro Folla, D, and Hackett, K. (In Press). “Forging Immigrant Political Engagement: Participatory Budgeting in Queens”. In Immigrant Crossroads: Globalization, Incorporation, and Place-Making in Queens, NY, edited by Tarry Hum, Ronald Hayduk, Francois Pierre-Louis and Michael Krasner. Temple University Press. >>Read more about project>>
- Hackett, K., Saegert, S., Dozier, D., and Marinova, M. (2018). Community land trusts: releasing possible selves through stable affordable housing. Housing Studies. >>Read more about project>>
- Saegert, S., Hackett, K., Maor, E and Pryiomka, K. (In Press). Interrupting inequality through community land trusts: Collective goods and forms of capital accumulation. Submitted to Housing, Theory and Society. >>Read more about project>>
- Hayduk, R., Hackett, K., and Tomashira Folla, D. (2017). Immigrant Engagement in Participatory Budgeting in New York City, New Political Science, 39, 1, 76-94. >>Read more about project>>
- Daniels, J, and Gold, M. with Anderson, S. M., Boy, J., Cahill, C., Gieseking, J. J., Gregory, K, Hackett, K., Knoblauch, F. L., Luttrell ,W., Matles, A., Mayorga, E., Negron W., Sherwood, E., Smith, S., Thistlewaite, P., Tucker, Z., (2014). The Inq13 POOC: A participatory experiment in open, collaborative teaching and learning. Journal for Interactive Technology and Pedagogy.
- Fredricks, J. A., Hackett, K., & Bregman, A. (2010). Participation in Boys and Girls Clubs: motivation and stage environment fit. Journal of Community Psychology, 38, 369-385.
- Hackett, Kristen, “Global Advertising and its Implications on the Concept of Spatial Identity: A Case Study of Urban Billboard Advertising in Tunis” (2008). ISP Collection. Paper 606.
OP-EDS & OTHER PUBLIC WRITING
- Hackett, K. (Sept 1, 2020). The City’s Three NYCHA Plans that will Privatize Public Housing. EastNewYork.com
- Hackett, K. (August 18, 2020). City’s Finance-Driven Approach to Managing NYCHA is Wrong for Tenants. City Limits.
- Kemp, Y. and Hackett, K. (May 9, 2020). A Public Letter to Public Official on NYCHA. City Limits.
- Hackett, K. (April 13, 2020). Envisioning a state of Care in a Time of COVID-19. Medium.
- Hackett, K. and Dubnau, J. (March 11, 2020). Sunnyside Yards Master Plan Sits on a Deck of Myths. City Limits.
- Hackett, K. (Dec 16, 2019). Stop Sunnyside Yards! Reparative City Building Now! City Limits.
- Hackett, K. (Oct 30, 2019). What to Consider When Planning a Digital Project. Tagging the Tower, GC Digital Initiatives.
- Hackett, K. (Oct 10, 2019). NYCHA’s NextGen Threatens More Harm than Hope. City Limits.
- Hackett, K. (Feb 18 and March 27, 2019). Community Wireless Networks Address Missed Connections: Part 1 and Part 2. Tagging the Tower, GC Digital Initiatives.
- Hackett, K. (Nov 13, 2018). A Community-Centered Perspective on Displacement. Shelterforce.
ACTIVIST POSITION STATEMENTS
- Crespo, P. and Hackett, K. (Ongoing). JFAC’s Community Platform. The content is being developed iteratively through going discussions with steering committee members and community members. December 2018 – Present.
- Hackett, K. and Dubnau, J. (Oct 2019). We Say No to Development on Queens Waterfront!
- Dorfman, P., Dubnau, J., Sharpe, E., Hackett, K., Tarley, A., Rodriguez, S., and Contreras, I. (Oct 2019). Stop Sunnyside Yards Now!
- Hackett, K. and the Justice For All Coalition. (Jan 2019). No to Amazon Profiticians! I drafted the statement, but the content has been developed iteratively through several discussions with other steering committee members and community members.
Other Public Education Materials