STATEMENTS & PHILOSOPHIES
A Brief Statement of Teaching Philosophy
How have teaching and learning shaped me and my pedagogy practices?
Addressing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the classroom
- Fall 2019, Urban Social Movements, Queens College, CUNY
- Spring 2014 – Spring 2017, Urban Studies 101, Queens College, CUNY
- Spring 2016, Urban Research Methods (MA Level), Queens College, CUNY
- Fall 2016, Environmental Psychology, The New School
- Spring 2014, Studio Course: Critical Research, Guttman Community College, CUNY
- Fall 2013, Studio Course: Critical Mapping focus, Guttman Community College, CUNY
- Fall 2013, Psychology 101, John Jay College, CUNY
- November 2020. Guest Lecture: Resident Management Corporations and Participatory Democracy and Governance, for Dr. Michael Menser’s Economic Democracy class at Brooklyn College.
- October 2019. Guest Lecture: Recalibrating Queens, for Dr. Gregory Donovan’s Mapping (In)Justice course at Fordham University.
- April, 2018. Guest Lecture: 3 Stories of Environmental Psychology. A Presentation for the Psychology Department, Harper College, Palatine, Illinois.
- April 2017. Guest Lecture: The Roots and Contemporary Applications of Environmental Psychology, for the Psychology Club, Harper College, Palatine, Illinois.
- March 2014. Guest Lecture: Community land trusts: Interrupting Inequality. Presentation for webinar hosted by the National Community Land Trust Network. w/ Oakley, D.
WORKSHOPS DESIGNED &/OR (CO)-LED ON DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES
- January 2020. Platforms for Web-Based Development. As a GC Digital Fellowship at the Digital Research Institute. (Designed & Led)
- January 2020 & January 2019. Git & GitHub. As a GC Digital Fellowship at the Digital Research Institute. (Led)
- Oct 2019, Digital Tools for Digital Projects, As Adjunct for Urban Social Movements Class. (Designed & Led)
- Oct 2019, Cultivating a Digital Academic Identity with WordPress, The CUNY Academic Commons, &/or Reclaim Hosting (Designed & Led)
- April 2019, Managing Your Digital Footprint. As a OpenCUNY Coordinator. (Collaborated & Co-Led)
- April 2019, An Introduction to Omeka. As a GC Digital Fellow. (Supported).
- March 2019, WordPress II: Customizing, Styling and Integrating with Social Media. As a GC Digital Fellow. (Designed & Led)
- April 2018, Using OpenCUNY & WordPress to Support Your Student Group. As an OpenCUNY Coordinator. (Designed & Led)
- Feb 2018, Establishing an Academic Digital Identity & Intro to WordPress. As a GC Digital Fellow. (Revised & Led)
- June 2019, Jan 2019 Jan 2018, An Intro to HTML/CSS. As a GC Digital Fellowship at the Digital Research Institute. (Revised & Led)
- Nov 2017, Intro to Collaborative Tools for Research. As a GC Digital Fellow. (Designed and Led)